Following on from a recent post about clearing up part-finished projects...
I put together a few more 6mm buildings over a year ago (June 2013 it turns out) to go with my existing scratchbuilt scenery for the Medetian Wars of the 17th century. They've needed finishing off and painting since then and following on from the other 6mm scenery I did earlier this month, I've finally got them done.
The buildings are fairly generic and I tend to just use a small cluster to represent a village or town. As my armies had grown, I'd decided to increase the number of buildings I had so that a bigger battlefield with several settlements could be represented.
They're simple card constructions, with card doors and shuttered windows (for ease of painting, and because if war's coming to town I think most people would close up their property!) Applying sand on the bases (and some patches of wall) and painting didn't take all that long in the end, and I added a poplar tree to the church and the farmhouse.
Here they are from last year, in production and next to some older finished ones.
And here they are finished. I've now got about 15 so I'm good for 3-4 villages or small towns. There's also a windmill (Irregular Miniatures, not my own work) and the watchtower I finished recently too. I think they'd work for the 1859 war in Italy too, if I ever decide to do some Austrians!