I have managed to do some hobby thinking however, in place of actual activity! It's getting to the time when people start laying out their plans, realistic or otherwise, for the coming year; painting, gaming, modelling, etc. I've contributed to one forum thread already and here's an initial plan for where my priorities will (probably!) lie for 2015..
Games and get togethers:
- More home-and-away games with Goat Major, hopefully a continuing mix of Sharp Practice, 17th century skirmish and, with any luck, a return to Chain of Command (hint, hint)
- A group weekend with some forum pals, hosted between me and GM; more Sharp Practice and possibly a Corps-per-player FPW battle in 6mm
- A BIG battle at John Ray's as part of his post-7YW campaign. I'll be commanding a sumptuous horde of Austrians and allies against wily Old Fritz himself. Can't wait!
- The 'A Military Gentlemen' forum group multi-player game at Partizan, which is going to be amazing and hopefully provide an excellent social weekend too
- The annual Ayton weekend in May; 19th century massed madness in the desert, followed by massed madness in the pub
- Just maybe, another autumn group gaming weekend if we manage to rally ourselves to plan one
- On the home front my plans are for:
- more Sharp Practice
- another 18th century solo battle
- some 15mm ancients and fantasy
- at least one 6mm Renaissance game, but hopefully a mini-campaign
- a return to the inter-war naval scene
All the above represents a lot of gaming, and an increase on this year's achievements (which weren't bad either). As far as I'm concerned that's the way I want my hobby to be, so roll on 2015!
Painting 'plan' next..