Friday, 29 May 2015

A Change of Scene(ry)

One thing I'm going to be needing in the future for my colonial Sharp Practice setting is some jungle. Fortunately I have an old, stalled, project to produce some jungle scenery so I've got something of a head start. Unfortunately, there's still a lot of work to do.

I'll be making about 50 bases worth, containing a mix of plastic fish tank foliage and Games Workshop jungle trees. The former are on the bases already and the latter are assembled (although foolishly I didn't paint them on the sprues first and it'll take a lot longer this way!).

To get started, and provide myself with a bit of inspiration, I've finished a couple of samples and I think they look OK. Some will have rocks/boulders on them as well but this first pair just have the trees.


With a 28mm figure for scale:


Clumps of these bases should provide a decent jungle effect, and I can use taller normal trees behind them to add some height to the canopy. I'm a fan of multi-purpose hobby stuff, so these are nice and generic and might get some use in other scales and periods too, eg:


Only another 48 to go....

3 comments:

  1. I used some of the very same aquarium plastic foliage for jungle when I was doing Darkest Africa 15 years ago. It is very effective and versatile, good choice
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough, I think I've had this stuff for almost that long - but never used it!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange, I just been making some bits of terrain myself!

    ReplyDelete